Main: (786) 785-1677
Cell: (917) 525-8893
LL.M., Corporate Law, New York University School of Law
J.D., CEU San Pablo University, Madrid, Spain
B.B.A, CEU San Pablo University, Madrid, Spain
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
*Until admission in Florida, any work on Florida matters supervised in accord with Rule 4-5.3.
Spanish - Fluent
French - Proficient
Sofía M. Yagüe is the co-head of the firm’s venture capital practice. She represents numerous venture capital funds, angel investors and entrepreneurs, mainly from Latin America and Spain, in their financings, M&A and other major corporate transactions. In fact, in the past 6 years, Sofía has helped dozens of Latin-American and European startups and investors navigate the U.S. legal landscape in their fundraising efforts and investments. Her efficient and pragmatic approach to corporate transactions have made her one of the most recognized and sought-after attorneys in the venture capital sector.
Sofía regularly collaborates with funds, accelerators and other industry organizations, both as a mentor and speaker, to promote education, innovation and diversity in the tech and VC ecosystems. By way of example, Sofia has participated in the following conferences and programs: 500 Startups Miami Growth Program, Wexchange, South Summit, Angel Summit Americas, Angel Summit Europe, Buenos Aires Startup Week, Visa’s Everywhere Initiative, Aminta Ventures’ Startup Angels Workshop, and many others.
Prior to joining Next Legal, Sofía was a Partner at Private Advising Group, P.A. Earlier in her career, Sofía was a foreign associate at Greenberg Traurig in Miami and a corporate associate at Spanish leading firm Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira.
Sofía holds both civil and common law legal degrees, with a J.D. and B.B.A. from CEU San Pablo University in Madrid, Spain, and an LL.M. from New York University School of Law, and holds a degree in business administration. Sofía is licensed to practice both in New York and Spain and is fluent in Spanish, English and French
- Advised Mexican fintech on $8mm Series A financing round.
- Advised Mexican shipping startup on multiple investments, including a $4.5mm financing round.
- Recurrent advice to Mexican VC fund on its Series A investments.
- Advised California based company on +$11mm financing rounds.
- Advised numerous Chilean startups on their corporate restructuring and Series A financing rounds.
- Advised leading Peruvian startups on their corporate reorganization and VC financing rounds.
- Recurrent advice to Miami-based angel investors on their seed investments.
- Represented Peru based startup in its sale to NYSE listed Company.
*The above representations were handled by Ms. Yagüe prior to joining NEXT LEGAL LLC.