Main: (786) 785-1715
Cell: (305) 307-2459
JD, Columbia Law School
MBA, Columbia Business School
LL.B., cum laude, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
LANGUAGESSpanish - Fluent
German - Fluent
Dutch - Fluent
French - Fluent
Italian - Proficient
Pieter A. Weyts is the head of the firm’s M&A and private equity practice with more than 18 years of corporate experience, including mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings, private investment funds, cross-border financings and real estate investments. He takes a pragmatic approach to structuring complex business transactions and brings a unique international business savvy to advising numerous mid-market companies, family businesses and private investors. Pieter also advises investment funds and ultra-high net worth clients on their investments in the United States, with a particular focus on real estate assets. He is a member of the board of LatinFinance, an international financial media business based in Miami.
Prior to moving to Miami, Pieter was a Wall Street corporate attorney with Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York (2001-2008). While on Wall Street Pieter worked on emblematic transactions like a $1.8 billion equity offering and a $500 million bond offering by ICICI Bank Ltd., India’s largest private bank, which was named Best Offering of the Year by FinanceAsia.
Pieter holds a law degree from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium (cum laude) and has a JD from Columbia Law School (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) and an MBA from Columbia Business School (Dean’s List). He speaks 6 languages including Spanish, French, German, Dutch and Italian.
Representative matters include:
- Advising founders of Nasdaq-listed company on numerous acquisitions in and outside the United States.
- Advised CEO on management buyout and carveout from a UK-listed company.
- Advised major real estate developer on $50 million financing for mixed use development.
- Advising $100 million investment fund on variety of private equity investments.
- Advised numerous founders on the sale of their business to industry peers or private equity funds.
- Represented trade financing company on $50 million offshore lending facility.
- Advising major food & beverage and hospitality companies with their expansion in Florida and nationwide.