Main: (786) 785-1675
Cell: (954) 593-4807
Food & Beverage
J.D., University of Florida
Bachelor and Master of Accounting degree, cum laude, (with a minor in economics), University of Florida
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
Jason’s focus is venture capital, M&A, private offerings and fund formation, and corporate structures, finance, and general transactions and disputes. Jason regularly advises technology startups and restaurants/food & beverage clients.
Jason helps startups with their structure, financing rounds, complex capitalization tables, stock options, employment arrangements and general technology and commercial arrangements. He advises on M&A transactions and exits, and assists funds with their formation and private offerings. Jason’s also advises on lending arrangements, joint ventures, shareholder agreements for all entity types (including partnership and operating agreements), and contract disputes.
Prior to joining NEXT LEGAL, Jason was a corporate attorney with O’Melveny & Myers, LLP (AmLaw 100) in New York where he focused his practice on private equity and M&A. In Miami, he was a corporate attorney with Greenberg Traurig, P.A. (AmLaw 100), where he focused on venture capital, M&A, corporate finance and general company advisement. Jason has “Big Four” accounting experience as a former Senior Tax Consultant at Deloitte & Touche.
Venture Capital & Private Placements:
- Represented Miami-based education startup in various financing rounds exceeding $100 million.
- Represented Brazil-based transportation startup in various financing rounds exceeding $50 million.
- Represented a Miami based hedge fund form a technology fund that raised over $25 million from institutional and other accredited investors.
- Represented Chilean-based insurance startup in various financing rounds exceeding $20 million.
- Represented a Miami based real estate developer in capital raises of over $10 million to purchase and renovate multi-family rental properties.
- Represented Miami-based F&B startup in various financing rounds exceeding $5 million.
- Represented Miami-based restaurant startup in various financing rounds exceeding $3 million.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
- Represented Peru based startup in its $20 million sale to an NYSE listed Company.
- Represented Miami based startup in its $5 million sale to a NYSE listed Company.
- Represented Miami based restaurant group purchase three restaurants.
- Represented Miami based startup in its stock for stock merger with another Miami based startup.
*The above representations were handled by Mr. Stark prior to joining NEXT LEGAL LLC.