Main: (786) 785-1671
Cell: (305) 793-7819
J.D., summa cum laude, University of Miami
B.A. Environmental Sciences University of Virigina
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
Chris focuses his practice on structuring and negotiating transactional real estate matters. Chris has spent over a decade representing U.S., European and Latin American developers, funds, businesses and investors, with the acquisition, financing, sale and leasing of commercial, residential and mixed-use properties and developments.
Chris regularly counsels borrowers with secured financing transactions, including acquisition, refinance, mezzanine and construction loans. His practice also includes representing clients with the purchase and sale of transferable development rights (TDRs), loan acquisitions, loan workouts and loan modifications. Chris also represents both landlords and tenants in connection with commercial leasing matters relating to office buildings, warehouses, retail spaces, restaurants and hotels.
Prior to joining NEXT LEGAL, Chris was a real estate shareholder in the Miami office of Greenberg Traurig, P.A. (AmLaw 100).
Acquisitions and Sales:
- Represented private real estate fund of large international corporation in the acquisition and financing of $180 million mixed-use hotel condominium project in Miami, Florida.
- Represented joint venture in the negotiation and structuring of $125 million sale of 1.25 acre land parcel in Miami, Florida.
- Counseled private international investor in the acquisition and financing of $120 million office building in Coral Gables, Florida.
- Structured and negotiated the acquisition and leaseback of $55 million office building on behalf of private real estate developer in Miami, Florida.
- Represented private investor group in the acquisition and financing of $9 million retail asset in Wynwood, Florida.
- Represented client in the acquisition and financing of $13 million commercial building to be redeveloped for retail and office use in Miami, Florida.
- Successfully negotiated $125 million construction loan facility on behalf of joint venture in connection with 240 unit condominium hotel development in Doral, Florida.
- Represented developer in negotiation of $70 million construction loan facility in connection with mixed-use condominium project in Hollywood, Florida.
- Negotiated $18 million construction loan facility for renovation of resort hotel in Anguilla on behalf of national hotel operator and investor.
- Represented owner of downtown Miami office buildings in the negotiation of numerous leases and lease renewals.
- Represented landlord in the negotiation of ground floor retail lease to fitness facility in Miami, Florida.
*The above representations were handled by Mr. Castro prior to joining NEXT LEGAL LLC.