Main: (786) 785-1699
Cell: (561) 306-3845
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, Miami, Florida
Harvey T. Reid Scholar (full scholarship)
CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Bankruptcy, Latin American Contracts, Professional Responsibility and Ethics Program.
Dean’s List (3 semesters)
Eleanor R. Cristol and Judge A. Jay Cristol Bankruptcy Pro Bono Assistance Clinic
President, Hispanic Law Students Association
M.B.A., Lynn University, Boca Raton, Florida
B.S., Business Administration, Lynn University, Boca Raton, Florida
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
Spanish - Fluent
Anibal is a corporate lawyer who specializes in venture capital, M&A, and cross-border transactions connected to Latin America and Europe. He regularly advises startups and investors, including funds and angel investors. Anibal has experience in representing and advising clients in connection with: stock and asset purchase and sale transactions; financing rounds; loan transactions; issuance of simple agreements for future equity (SAFEs), equity instruments, and convertible debt; employee stock options plans (ESOP); fund formation; cross-border M&A and financing; corporate formation and structuring, including drafting of certificates of incorporation and formation, operating and shareholders' agreements, and corporate resolutions; bankruptcy and restructuring; and distressed acquisitions.
Originally from Colombia, Anibal has collaborated with companies in every major Latin American market and the U.S. Hispanic market. Anibal is also a former media analytics professional. Before law school, Anibal worked with Univision’s digital arm, HBO Latin America, and Sony Pictures Entertainment’s international TV production division.
Prior to joining Next Legal, Anibal worked with Akerman LLP (AmLaw 100), Alvarez, Arrieta & Diaz-Silveira, LLP, and Shraiberg, Landau & Page, P.A. Additionally, Anibal served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Robert A. Mark at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- Advised Panamanian company operating 55MW wind farm regarding alternatives under a $427M project finance facility backed by the International Finance Corporation (member of World Bank Group).
- Counseled commercial refrigeration, HVAC, and construction company as borrower in negotiating, revising, and editing loan and security agreement for a $60M revolving loan.
- Represented Florida-based private investment group in closing $1.75M secured loan.
- Counseled Mexican consumer electronics distributor in connection with corporate formation of Florida venture.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented equity-holders of Peruvian banking storage solutions company in connection with $20M stock sale to NYSE-listed U.S. information management services company.
- Represented Mexican hospitality and entertainment company in $4.5M acquisition of a Florida recreational park.
*The above representations were handled by Mr. Manzano prior to joining NEXT LEGAL LLC.